Posted on Friday February 05, 2021
Funding for Phase 1 of the new park signage project was approved by the Pleasant Hill City Council. The signs will point motorists to local parks and trailheads. The project came after extensive planning and design work on behalf of the Pleasant Hill Park Board and local volunteers with a goal to increase awareness of our local park systems and amenities.
Phase 1 of the park signage project, with a projected cost of $4,960, includes 13 signs which will be placed at 10 locations on city streets over the next several months. Phase 1 includes signage to the following locations:
- Pleasant Hill City Lake (16104 S Lake Rd)
- Rock Island Trail State Park Trailhead (308 W. Commercial St)
- Pleasant Hill City Park (600 Harper St)
- MoPAC Trail Trailhead (18000 S Boardman Rd)
- Porter Park Lake (1201 Richland Pkwy)
- Pleasant Hill Recreation Complex (1528 Broadway)
Phase 2 of the project will include directional signs from the Missouri Department of Transportation on 7 Hwy and 58 Hwy. MoDOT and the City are working together on preliminary draft concepts that follow MoDOT’s strict design guidelines.
In addition to signage, City staff and Park Board members continue to work to update park and trailhead locations on Apple Maps, Google Maps and the City’s website.