Trash and Recycling Services Provider
The City of Pleasant Hill contracts with Constable Sanitation for residential trash and recycling services. Residents are required to have weekly trash service. Weekly yard waste collection is included in the base cost. Recycling can be added to any residential account as an optional service.
The City bills all residents for this service including residents in Water District 5. Please contact City Hall to establish trash service.
Issues regarding service can be directed to Constable Sanitation or the City.
Pleasant Hill City Hall
The City's contract includes the following:
- Regular, weekly residential solid waste collection
- A residential solid waste receptacle
- Year-round, weekly yard waste collection
- One bulky item collection per customer on the first collection day of the month
- Annual Christmas tree curbside pickup
- Optional curbside recycling
The City utilizes a zoned method of collection, Monday through Friday.
Approximate locations of collection are as follows:
- Areas west of 7 Highway, north of Wright Street and Tall Grass Drive
- All residences along 7 Highway
- Areas east of 7 Highway, north of Wright Street but also includes Faulknar Drive
- Areas east of 7 Highway, between Wright Street and Broadway Street, including the Hickory Hills Subdivision
- Areas east of 7 Highway, south of and including Broadway Street
- Areas west of 7 Highway, south of Oak Street
- Areas west of 7 Highway, between Oak Street and Kellogg Road
Six holidays affect the residential trash pick up schedule:
New Year's Day
On those weeks the schedule is the same up to the day of the holiday; and then for the remainder of the week after the holiday the pickup service is delayed one day.
For a complete schedule of holiday impacts for the year, visit https://www.constablesanitation.com/pleasanthill/holiday-schedule/
Residential Curbside Recycling
Commingled recycling collection is an optional service for our customers. The optional recycling service will begin on October 4, 2021.
Recyclable items include Plastics #1-5 and #7, newspapers including inserts, magazines, catalogues, telephone books, brown paper bags, office paper, computer papers, notebook paper, chipboard (cereal, cake, mix, gift boxes), carrier stock (soda cases), paperback books, cardboard, aluminum and metal food cans, aluminum trays, foil, steel cans, and tins.
Items that cannot be accepted at this time are glass, plastic bags, motor oil, automotive product bottles, household hazardous waste containers, Styrofoam, hot ashes or cinders, shrub trimmings, yard trimmings, tree trunks or limbs, street sweepings, catch basin mulch, construction materials, appliances, large furniture, nothing with Freon or hazardous waste.
A glass recycling bin is located in the Price Chopper Parking Lot (2101 N. State Route 7)
More information can be found at www.recyclespot.org
Large Item collection is available free of charge on the first collection of the month for residential customers. One item will be collected each month. Large item collection will begin on August 2, 2021.
Additional large item collections are scheduled and paid through Constable Sanitation.
For more information about the large item collection, visit https://www.constablesanitation.com/pleasanthill/large-item-pickup-included/
Residents have two options for yard waste disposal.
- Curbside Pickup
Curbside yard waste pickup is available year-round.
- Drop Off Facilities
Yard waste can be dropped off for a fee per bag at the following nearby locations.
WCA Transfer Station
22820 S. State Rte 291 Hwy
Harrisonville, MO 64701
Hours: M-F 8a-5p; Sat. 8a-12p
Lee's Summit Resource Recovery Park
2101 SE Hamblen Rd
Lee's Summit, MO 64082
Hours: M-Sat 7:30a-4p
Branches should be tied with twine or rope into bundles not exceeding 4 feet in length and 2 feet in diameter. Leaves and small limbs should be placed in biodegradable bags. Dirt, rock, glass, and logs greater than 2 inches in diameter will not be accepted as yard waste for curbside pick up. Curbside yard waste should be placed in a spot that is easily visible from the curb and should not be blocked by the trash or recycling bins.
- It is important to place carts free from anything that hinders collection, including cars, mailboxes, trees, etc.
- Place trash carts on one side of the driveway and the recycle cart/bin on the opposite side of the driveway.
- If there is no room to place on either side of the driveway, please leave at least 2 feet of room between carts/bins.
- While additional trash bags are allowed, please make every effort to place items inside of furnished containers.
- Please have all items at the curb for collection by 7:00 a.m.